- What Makes It So Filling?
- We specifically formulated Ka’Chava to keep you full without excessive calories, and we do this by optimizing levels of protein (25 g), fiber (9 g), and healthy fats (7 g)—three key nutrients that help control hunger.
Ka’Chava also contains a variety of micronutrients that play a role in managing hunger. For example, a serving contains 60% of your recommended daily intake of magnesium, a mineral that can help keep blood sugar levels, and thus cravings, in check.
- What Are The Benefits?
- For a full breakdown of how the nutrients in Ka’chava positively influence these seven aspects of your health, you can check out our Benefits page—but here’s a quick summary:
Energy: Iron, B-complex vitamins, vitamin D, and other nutrients in Ka’Chava play a critical role in the conversion of food to energy.
Immunity: Nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin D, and zinc help create new immune cells, protect existing immune cells, and ward off various ailments.
Digestion: Probiotics, digestive enzymes, fiber, and other gut-friendly nutrients in Ka’Chava help regulate digestion and keep your microbiome happy.
Mental health: Too little vitamin D, magnesium, and other nutrients can drive depression and mess with focus, but Ka’Chava helps you hit your quota.
Muscle growth: Protein, iron, electrolytes, and other nutrients aid in muscle protein synthesis, stamina, hydration, and recovery.
Healthy weight: Ka’Chava is incredibly satisfying and filling for not a lot of calories, thanks to optimized levels of protein, fiber, and healthy fats—plus other nutrients that help regulate metabolism.
Appearance: The omega-3s, vitamin E, vitamin C, and other nutrients in Ka’Chava can help brighten your skin, strengthen your nails, and lend your hair a little extra luster.
Beyond the health benefits, Ka’Chava is also a great way to streamline your mornings (or any mealtime). You won’t always have the time or energy to prep a green smoothie or salad, but keeping a bag of Ka’Chava on hand ensures you’re never without a nutritious option.
- Which Flavor Is Most Popular?
- Honestly, it’s a pretty even split—about 45% of customers choose Vanilla and 55% choose Chocolate. Both taste amazing on their own (blended with water and a few ice cubes), and both can be worked into a variety of healthy recipes, from smoothies and smoothie bowls to brownies and dairy-free cheesecake bars.
Call us crazy, but here at Ka’Chava we’re actually a big fan of mixing Chocolate and Vanilla together (one scoop of each) for a new unique flavor—so consider buying a bag of each! Bonus: You get free shipping when you purchase 2+ bags.
If you’re not completely satisfied with your chosen flavor, don’t sweat it. We have a Love-It Guarantee—so if you don’t absolutely love Ka’Chava for any reason, we’ll give you a full refund.
- Can It Help Me Lose Weight?
Ka’Chava can be a useful tool if you’re trying to lose weight. It’s not a magic bullet, but when we formulated Ka’Chava, our goal was to maximize the calorie-to-satiety ratio by optimizing levels of protein (25 g), fiber (9 g), and healthy fats (7 g)—three key nutrients that help control hunger. This way, you feel full longer without excess calories.
Another reason Ka’Chava might help you lose weight: It’s really darn convenient—just blend with water and ice. A lack of quick-but-healthy options can be a huge barrier to maintaining healthy eating habits that help you lose weight, but keeping a bag of Ka’Chava on hand can ensure you’re never without a nutritious option.
Additionally, Ka’Chava contains probiotics, vitamin D, and magnesium—all of which play important roles in regulating metabolism.
Read more about the nutrients in Ka’Chava that support weight loss here.
- What Makes It Better Than Others?
- Ka’Chava differs from other protein powders and meal replacement shakes in a few key ways: Ka’Chava isn’t just protein. It’s an all-in-one, nutrient-rich meal that contains a variety of superfoods, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, adaptogens, probiotics, and more to support both physical and mental health—just add water and ice then blend! That’s why we call it The Whole Body Meal.
Ka’Chava is incredibly high quality and free of preservatives, cheap filler ingredients, and artificial colors, sweeteners, and flavors. Each ingredient is selected with purpose—to support key health benefits and/or provide subtle natural flavor.
Ka’Chava actually tastes amazing! It’s not cloyingly sweet nor does it leave a funky artificial aftertaste in your mouth—and that’s because we prioritize quality ingredients and take customer feedback seriously. It took a lot of trial and error to get Ka’Chava just right, which is one reason you no longer see things like stevia on our ingredient list.
- How Much Protein?
- Ka’Chava contains 25 grams of protein per 2-scoop serving. Our protein comes from a variety of high-quality plant-based sources (pea protein, sacha inchi, brown rice, amaranth, quinoa) to ensure you get the appropriate ratios of all nine essential amino acids your body needs to thrive.
Most nutrition experts recommend consuming around 25-30 grams of protein per meal for optimal satiety and muscle building potential—so Ka’Chava is right in line with that recommendation!
- When Should I Drink It?
- The timing really depends on your health goals and daily schedule. Ka’Chava is great in the morning as a convenient, on-the-go breakfast. But it can also be a great speedy lunch if you need to power through your workday with minimal distractions; or a convenient late-night dinner that won’t be too heavy and interfere with your sleep.
If you want to use it more strategically—to fuel workouts or support muscle growth—you can consume Ka’Chava as a pre- or post-workout meal. For maximum benefits, some research suggests consuming a combo of protein and healthy carbs 30 minutes to a couple hours before a workout, or within an hour after a workout is the most beneficial.
- Will It Help My Digestion?
- Digestive issues can have any number of underlying root causes, so it’s hard to say if Ka’Chava will definitely help. But given our carefully selected ingredients (think: probiotics, digestive enzymes, and fiber) and the fact that we do not include common gut-irritating foods like gluten and dairy, it could be a great option!
For example, fiber and probiotics can benefit the overall health of your gut microbiome, and both have been shown to help alleviate constipation and diarrhea (win-win!), while digestive enzymes can help your body break down fats, proteins, and carbs. Additionally, Ka’Chava provides 60% of your daily quota of magnesium, which can help alleviate constipation, and 52% of your zinc, which supports a healthy gut lining and may help heal a “leaky gut”.
Read more about the digestion-friendly nutrients in Ka’Chava here.